Our Customer Service team are available:
Monday: 8:30am - 6pm
Tuesday: 8:30am - 6pm
Wednesday: 8:30am - 6pm
Thursday: 8:30am - 6pm
Friday: 8:30am - 5pm
Wolverhampton Assessment Centre
178 Stafford Street
Wolverhampton DSA Assessment Centre is a fully-equipped DSA-QAG accredited assessment centre with appointments for needs assessments available within the next 2-3 days. The centre is located next to the University of Wolverhampton, less than a 10 minute walk from Wolverhampton train station.
At the centre we provide DSA needs assessments for any student at university, or due to start at university, who has applied for Disabled Student’s Allowances (DSA).
- Assessments are usually available within the next 2-3 days.
- We can offer assessments from Monday to Friday; 10am to 4pm.
- There is a public car park within a two minutes walk from the centre.
How to find us
For pinpoint directions to the entrance of the building, please download the what3words app from your app store/play store and enter the following 3 words:
Having entered the 3 words, select ‘navigate’ and then choose your preferred map app.
The centre is opposite the Wolverhampton University MB building. A campus map can be found here: http://www.wlv.ac.uk/PDF/uow_city_campus.pdf .
There is a black door for No. 178 with a set of buzzers on the left-hand side. The door is between Prestige Barbers (left hand side) and a bar/restaurant called African Village (right hand side).
Press the buzzer for Suite 4. A member of staff will buzz you in. When the door opens, go up to the second floor and your assessor will meet you at the top of the stairs.
If you require lift access, your assessor will meet you at the front door and take you to another entrance on the side of the building.
Directions from Wolverhampton Train Station WV1 1LE
1.Leaving the train station head straight on Railway Drive.
2. Continue straight at the lights on to Lichfield Street, passing the Grand Theatre on your left and the Nisa Store on your right.
3. At the next lights turn right onto Princes Square.
4. Head straight over the roundabout onto Stafford Street, passing the Hog’s Head pub on your right.
5. Continue past Whitmore Street (side road on right hand side) and 178 Stafford Street is on your right just past Mahan Pizza and African Village bar/restaurant. It has a black door. When you arrive at the centre, please press the buzzer for ‘Suite 4’.
Directions from M5 Oldbury
1. Head northwest on Wolverhampton Rd/A4123 toward Florence Rd Continue to follow A4123
2. Keep left at the fork, Continue to follow A4123
3. Continue onto Birmingham Rd
4. Keep right at the fork
5. Slight right onto Dudley Rd/A459
6. Turn right onto Ring Road St. Georges/A4150, Continue to follow A4150 Go through 1 roundabout
7. Turn left onto Stafford St, Destination will be on the left
Directions from Walsall
1. Head northwest on Walsall Rd/A34 toward Beeches Rd/Tower Hill Continue to follow A34
2. Slight left onto the M6 ramp to M5
3. Continue straight
4. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto the M6 ramp to M5/Stafford/Worcester
5. Merge onto M6
6. At junction 10, take the A454 exit to Walsall/W’hampton (Central&East)
7. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Black Country Route/A454
8. At the interchange Keyway Junction, keep left and follow signs for A454 toward W’ton/W’hall
9. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto The Keyway/A454 Continue to follow A454, Go through 1 roundabout
10. Turn left onto Middle Cross/A454
11. At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Ring Rd/St. Davids/A4150 Continue to follow A4150
12. Turn left onto Stafford St, Destination will be on the left
There is public parking available on Westbury Street. The car park is called Broad Street Car Park. If you are coming into Stafford Street from the north (junction with A4150 ring road), follow Stafford Street for one block and turn left into Whitmore Street. Mahan Pizza is on the corner.
If you are coming from the direction of the city centre, turn right into Whitmore Street. This is the first turning right after the mini roundabout with the Hogs Head pub on the corner. Follow Whitmore Street a short distance, cross Thorley Street and you will see the public car park in front of you. The entrance is just round the corner on the left in Westbury Street. It is a pay and display car park: £2.50 for 4 hours and £4.50 per day. There are 4 disabled bays.