Skip to main content
background shape

DSA Help: Our Top 5 FAQs

Who to talk to when things aren’t quite right

  • Specialist Equipment – got technical issues with your computer/ laptop/ software or hardware? Don’t worry … help is at hand! All DSAs equipment is covered by warranty & insurance and maintenance & support for the whole of your course.  You just need to talk to the company who supplied your equipment and they’ll put things right; their contact details will be on your DSAs 2 letter. If you cannot find this, your funding body will have this information; there’s a list of funding body contact details at the bottom of this page.
  • Non-Medical Helpers (NMH) – problem with your non-medical help provider? Maybe you’d like to change your NMH provider? If you have any issues or concerns, please speak to your NMH provider first. If you’re still experiencing problems, you’ll need to talk to your funding body ASAP; contact details are at the bottom of this page.
  • Travel/Taxis – if you’re entitled to additional help with travel due to your disability and your travel plans change, don’t worry, just email us here at Contact Associates:

We’ll get onto this straight away, but we’ll need the following information from you: (you can copy and paste this into your email if it helps)

Customer Reference Number (CRN):
Pickup address (including postcode):
Drop off address (including postcode):
Reason for change:


  • Circumstances changed (Disability related)? – is your disability having a further impact on your study? Do you have a new condition you’d like more support for? You may be eligible for a ‘Review of Needs’ (a meeting with your assessor, either face-to-face or over the phone to see if there’s anything else that can be put in place to support you). Please speak to your funding body first though, see bottom of page for contact details.
  • Circumstances changed (Course/University related)? – if you’ve changed your course/university, please inform your funding body.

Funding Body Contact Details:

Student Finance England (SFE)

Telephone: 0300 100 0607

NGT text relay (if you cannot hear/speak on the phone): 18001 then 0300 100 0607


Student Finance Wales (SFW)

Telephone: 0300 200 4050

Minicom: 0300 100 1693



Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS)

Telephone: 0300 555 0505




Student Finance Northern Ireland (SFNI)

Telephone (undergraduate): 0300 100 0077

Telephone (postgraduate): 0300 100 0493



Of course, we are always here to help too, should you have any problems contacting your funding body.