DSA Information for Students
Setting up your DSA support
Attending university or college can and should be an exciting time. Let us take the stress away that organising DSA support can cause.
- Contact us now with your entitlement letter (DSA2) that you received following your needs assessment. You can email this to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will confirm receipt of your request within 1 working day and will begin the process of matching the most appropriate member of support staff to your needs.
- You will then be contacted via your preferred method of communication (email/text/call) to inform you which member of support staff will provide your support for you.
- Your dedicated support worker will then contact you within 3 working days to introduce themselves and to arrange an initial session.
Throughout your education journey we will:
- Monitor your Non-Medical support agreement and will ensure that you do not exceed your allowance.
- Ensure that your support needs are reviewed on a regular basis so that your support worker can implement strategies into a tailored plan as and when the need arises.
- Ask for your opinion on a termly basis to ensure that your needs are being met and so we can use your feedback to improve our service to you.
- Provide advice on other DSA queries and point you in the right direction if we are unable to directly solve.