At Contact Associates, we respect all personal data. Therefore, the provisions, measures and rights contained within this privacy notice are applied to all forms of data collected on our site and through our company.
Who We Are
Contact Associates Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) trading from Viney Court, Viney Street, Taunton, TA1 3FB is a company registered in England under company no: 2376959 with our registered office at: 17 Rochester Row, London, SW1P 1QT.
Information That We Collect
Contact Associates Limited processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any other way than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from and process you is:
- Date of Birth
- Home and/or term time address
- Email address
- Telephone and/or Mobile Number
- Course information (including course title, code, institution & start/end dates of study)
- Disability information (including the nature of your disability/disabilities, how it affects you and the support you’ve received previously)
- Call recording (to help improve efficiency and effectiveness of our services provided to you by phone we may keep a record of the call).
We will collect information from you if you:
- Contact us via post, email, telephone or fax and provide any personal data
- Complete online registration form
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
Contact Associates Limited takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose or share your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law or as part of a data sharing agreement with the relevant Student Finance body. We only retain your data for a maximum of 6 years as stipulated in the Quality Assurance Group’s (QAG) Quality Assurance Framework.
We do not ask you to sign up to any marketing or mailing lists and will only contact you after registering or requesting a Disabled Student’s Allowance (DSA) Assessment. Processing for any purpose other than those specified in this policy are only done with your consent, which you are free to withdraw at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
- We collect your personal data in the performance of your DSA Assessment and to provide you with our subsequent support.
- We use your personal information to answer your queries and provide advice specific to yourself
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes
We may also contact you for feedback on your use of our services or our website and may need to use your information to send important notices, such as updated document content where there have been regulation/law revisions or changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
You have the right to access personal information that Contact Associates Limited hold or process about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source (such as a parent or confidante). In such instances, prior consent from you would always be obtained.
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible, unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
Your also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with the data protection law, and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request for any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure. If you create an online account with us, you are able to modify and update your own personal information by logging into your account.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclosure any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice, where there is a legal requirement or as part of a data sharing agreement. Contact Associates Limited do not transfer your data outside of the EEA and will always ask for consent if this becomes a requirement.
We utilise the below processors/controllers who act on our behalf to provide the below business functions and services. They act in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this and their own privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
The third-party processors/controllers that we work with are:
- Code Poets Limited (6334365) act as a processor for us, manage our hosting, website security, and backups. Ensuring our server and your personal information is secure, protected and monitored. The information that you provide to us is stored on our server, which is accessible to Code Poets, where they do not process your information for any other purpose, and will never share of disclose your data.
Contact Associates Limited takes your privacy seriously and take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data.
We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including secure hosting of our website, anti-virus, firewall and malware protections on all device and networks, use of HTTPS, and strong passwords for members of staff.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Contact Associates Limited, however, as it is required so that we can conduct your DSA Assessment and meet our business obligations, we will be unable to provide you with our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Contact Associates Limited only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under the Quality Assurance Group’s (QAG) Quality Assurance Framework to keep your personal data for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.